Wednesday, February 03, 2016

My Monthly Purchases: January 2016

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

Boots: Aldo
Reg $130 on sale for $65
How cute are these? My tall nude sandals are impossible to walk in, so these will be a welcome replacement. They have no platform, so I have to put a gel pad in the ball of the foot. Can't wait to wear them when the weather is drier. 


Pants: Banana Republic
Reg $124 on sale for $33
I have very similar pants in black that I got at Top Shop, and I love wearing those, so having ones in another color seemed logical.

Excuse the wrinkles. I dragged them out of the laundry to take the photo :)


Cardigans: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $45 each, on sale for $16 each
It's rare that I buy more than one of something, but these were so soft and I really couldn't decide between the two colors so I just kept both of them.



Bracelet: Joe Fresh
Reg $16, on sale for $4
This looks nice with all of my hematite jewelry.



Original value of items: $360
Price I paid: $134
I saved 63%.

January's total leaves me with $431 for the rest of the quarter. I had $65 left from last year coming into 2016 so it brought my starting point up a bit. I'm not likely to buy much in LA due to the exchange rate (grrr),  so I won't try to save too much of my budget for vacation.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: