Monday, February 09, 2015

Pretty Great Things Coming at Halifax Shopping Centre

Want the inside scoop on the giant renovation plans for Halifax Shopping Centre? You've stumbled upon them right here!


Cupcakes from Layers

On February 5, I joined the lovely HSC ladies and my fellow fashion gals for a sneak peek at the big changes. In case you haven't already heard, HSC has a 70 million dollar renovation project happening over the next two years.

Although there are no retailers confirmed for the new spaces, there will be about 75,000 square feet of new shopping potential. I have a long list of places I would like to see take up residence. If I had to narrow them down to my most realistic top three I would choose J Crew, Zara, and Nordstrom.

I'm so excited for the new food court, which promises to be a place that invites socialization. A gas fireplace, soft seating, and floor to ceiling windows are some of the features which will make it more inviting than the current space. One of the things I'm most excited about is a big open air patio, so shoppers can enjoy their meals outside. With the addition of heat lanterns, it will make outdoor eating possible well into spring and fall.



An outdoor feel will be created with a giant skylight over two-level retail stores. It's always nice for an indoor mall to have as much natural lighting as possible, in my opinion! Also in the works is a brand new main entrance.


I hope to have more info on specifics of the redesign as things start to shape up. As a very frequent mall user, I can't wait to see all the pretty great things coming. Congrats HSC, you're going to positively sparkle!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: