Friday, January 09, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: December 2014

Here are my clothing purchases for the last month of 2014! It was really quiet shopping month, style-wise. I bought some non-clothing stuff after Christmas from Sephora. Seriously, Sephora is the funnest place on Black Friday and Boxing Day. I'll review some of the stuff I purchased soon.

Skirt: Dynamite
Discounted from $30 to $8
The lighting in the store made this seem really thin and and potentially see-through, but once I got it home in normal lighting it was fine. I can see myself wearing this year-round. I love the zipper details. I wore this on Christmas Eve.



Vest: Club Monaco
Discounted from $198 to $80
My current faux fur vest needs replacing. It's too short, hitting me in the wrong spot and creating (highlighting?) unflattering bulges. We can't have that, can we. This version is sleek and a good 6 inches longer. It's also dressier. I haven't worn it yet, but I will soon! The website says it's black, but it's actually a really dark green. Gotta love Club sales. The day I bought it, all sale was an extra 50% off.



Bag: Smart Set (no photo and no longer available on-line)
Discounted from $30 to $9
I needed a new bag for taking stuff back and forth to work. My books/magazines and snacks don't fit in my handbag. I was using a navy blue Body Shop tote, but I needed something a little classier. I have a really nice Kenneth Cole bag too but it's too nice to sit on the floor at work, so I save that for when I take the computer to Starbucks to blog (and I always put it on a chair).

Vest: Gap (no photo and no longer available on-line)
Discounted from $70 to $12.50
This was sitting all alone, the only size left - a denim vest smushed between some full-sleeved denim jackets. I really wanted a denim vest last summer but didn't find one for a good price. It's a medium-wash and slightly distressed. Should look fabulous layered over a sundress in the spring.

That is it for December! I also bought a pair of boots from Aldo, but ended up returning them.

Value of Items: $328
What I Paid: $110

I saved 66%

I under-spent this quarter by $25, which will roll forward to next quarter.

Next week, I'll calculate how I did with my spending for the year and share some of my favourite purchases.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl








No comments: