Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready with Glam Squad

I knew begin a brief getting ready on the morning of the wedding would be a fun experience, but I didn't expect it to be quite so impressive. I was so happy with the business I chose!

Glam Squad was the company that came to the hotel room to prep me, my maid of honour, and the two moms. I picked them because they had really good reviews on The Knot. They were to arrive at 9:30 AM, and they were right on time. Two people came in and got to work. They said they liked to save the bride for the last so they began styling my mom and my MOH. Then two more people came. While one started on the third person, the other teamed up with another artist. Then there was ANOTHER knock on the door, and this guy had orders to start my hair by just curling it. The owner of the company was on the way to do most of my hairstyle.

I lost track of how many hair and makeup artists came in and out of the room, but it was at least ten! To do four people! James, the owner of Glam Squad was a true genius. My hair and make up turned out exactly how I pictured them to in my best wedding day dreams. James ended up staying to do the rest of my hair-do and all of my makeup. He was the nicest person ever, and a true pleasure to chat with. He made me feel so relaxed. It truly was one of the highlights of the day!



I showed James a photo of the hairstyle I wanted. When he was done, I asked for it to be loosened up a bit and it took him 10 seconds to pull a few curls out and relax the look. James was able to incorporate two of the three hair pieces I brought with me (hey, I wanted some options). The large feather piece in the back belonged to my friend Pam and the little flowers belonged to my friend Andrea.

For the makeup, I chose to have airbrush done as I'd heard it was really long lasting. The hardest part for me was getting the false lashes on. I have pretty sensitive eyes (think Rachel on Friends when she went to the eye doctor) and they kept tearing up.

Cool chair!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Glam Squad to any Vegas bride. The price was $185 for hair and airbrush makeup (including false lashes). It was fabulous to have them come to me instead of having to go out and get it done somewhere on the strip.

The finished look

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: